Middleport celebrates $3.2M investment in Imperial Electric
Tribute to the River returns
Lip Sync sequel draws hundreds
Livestock ‘Sale of champions’
Gallia woman arraigned on 95 animal abuse charges
- Point featured in statewide campaign ad - 8:34 pm
- New Haven talks placing water project on ballot - 5:18 pm updated: 5:20 pm.
- For the record - 3:52 pm
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training - 3:07 pm
- Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - 8:06 pm
- Town of Mason adopts social media policy - 8:03 pm
- Area veterans discuss issues with congressmen - 6:48 pm
- ‘Kickin’ cancer’ kickball tournament to return - 5:49 pm
- This week in West Virginia history - 5:40 pm
- Hurt to return to Ohio - 6:42 pm
- Town hall meeting for Ohio, W.Va. veterans - 3:51 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- Inaugural Mothman GeoTrail event - 7:35 pm
- ‘Takin’ it to the streets’ - 7:32 pm
- Point discusses eyesore property - 7:31 pm updated: 7:34 pm.
- Delores N. Simmons - 2:42 pm
- Point cleaning flood wall murals - 11:44 am
- Huntington police respond to 26 overdoses in 4 hours - 6:25 pm
- Tomblin appoints Cromley as family court judge - 6:09 pm updated: 6:11 pm.
- Wahama/New Haven Elementary and Hannan/Ashton Elementary bus routes - 5:58 pm
- Preparing for a new school year in Mason County - 5:55 pm
- Crash kills Pomeroy man - 6:35 pm
- Glenwood man accused of stabbing brother - 6:33 pm
- That’s a wrap … until next year - 6:32 pm
- Mason County Schools releases bus route information - 6:03 pm
- Kevin E. Gillman - 6:02 pm
- Two assaulted in knife attack - 5:06 pm
- Fair scenes - 3:23 pm
- Fair Awards presented - 3:11 pm
- Make your stitches count - 12:19 am
- ‘Carryover’ funds appropriated by commission - 9:53 pm
- Recognized for a job well done - 6:12 pm
- Bison statue to greet returning students - 4:10 pm
- MU receives $2.4M grant to study nutrition - 4:10 pm
- For the record - 3:02 pm
- Mason County Fair Awards - 2:50 pm
- State Fire Marshal probes Pomeroy blaze - 9:17 pm
- Preparing to do ‘Battle’ - 7:42 pm updated: 9:49 am.
- Continuum of Care slates 9th fundraiser - 6:34 pm updated: 8:05 pm.
- New Haven back-to-school event set - 6:27 pm
- Capturing that winning moment… - 6:03 pm
- Champion replacement heifers - 5:02 pm
- Commercial feeder calf show - 4:57 pm
- Historic buildings burn in Pomeroy - 10:02 pm
- New Haven at odds over water project - 6:17 pm
- Mason County Fair scenes - 3:30 pm updated: 4:14 pm.
- Town of Mason updated on water project - 5:51 pm
- Mason County Fair Scenes - 3:38 pm
- URG police adopt new standards - 2:10 pm updated: 4:49 pm.
- Rickard event kicks off day of gospel music - 4:43 pm
- Cool start to the Mason Co. Fair - 4:30 pm
Town hall meeting for Ohio, W.Va. veterans
OHIO VALLEY — Veterans from the tri-county area are invited to join in a town hall meeting Monday that will include congressmen from both West V...
Inaugural Mothman GeoTrail event
POINT PLEASANT — The trail leading to Mothman takes a unique turn this Friday and Saturday when hundreds of people are expected to participate i...
‘Takin’ it to the streets’
NEW HAVEN Spotty downpours hit the Bend Area Tuesday evening, but even they couldn’t stop the excitement of the students at two back-to-school e...
Point discusses eyesore property
POINT PLEASANT — Discussions about the Yeager property on Seventh Street occur at Point Pleasant City Council about as often as each meeting beg...
Delores N. Simmons
LOGAN, Ohio — Delores N. Simmons, 79, of Logan, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2016, at home. Hall Funeral Home and Crematory, Proctorville, Ohio...
Black Knights win tri-match with White Falcons, Raiders
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Buoyed by four scores of 43 or better, the Point Pleasant High School golf team captured a triangular match on Tuesday —...
“Rumble at Rio” to benefit RedStorm softball
RIO GRANDE, Ohio - The University of Rio Grande softball program will host a fundraiser featuring Bluegrass Championship Wrestling on Saturday, Sept. ...
Registration open for Rio Fall Basketball Academy
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Registration is currently underway for the Rio Fall Basketball Academy, which will run for four consecutive Sundays beginning...
Lady Eagles open with win over RVHS
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — Every team can’t begin the season with a win.The Eastern volleyball team started the 2016 campaign on a high note M...
Blue Devils down Panthers
HUNTINGTON, W. Va. — Indeed, it was Miles’ milestone — and a good match by the Blue Devils.Bolstered by a pair of scores in the 30s,...
WoHeLo CEOS Club news
For Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) Clubs all over the county and the state, July was Reorganization Month.Election of officers and appo...
Editor’s Note: The Point Pleasant Register appreciates your input to the community calendar. To make sure items can receive proper attention, al...
Pictured are members of The Kitchen Table, members of the Pleasant Valley Hospital Auxiliary who head up the auxiliary’s community outreach comm...
Mountaineers 4-H Club news
The Mountaineers 4-H Club wanted to help those affected by the flood in West Virginia. Many members purchased and sent cleaning supplies to aid in the...
Final Pre-K registration set for Aug. 5
Mason County Schools will have a final registration for preschool on Aug. 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Mason County Board of Education Central O...
There is good news in today’s violent world
In a world as ravaged as is ours by the bitter winds of hate and hate’s awful offspring, cruelty, we long for the sweetly perfumed airs of good ...
Dear God, what have we done?
Our youngest son, Jamin, started law school at Liberty University, in Lynchburg, Va., this week. Terry and I helped him move things for his apartment....
The Olympics of life with God as coach
I was working on the sermon for church this past week, and Hebrews 12: 1-2 was part of the Scripture.It made me think of the Olympics that have been o...
Are you spiritually fit?
The Scriptures remind us: “while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life ...
Is a third-party vote a waste?
As the 2016 presidential election continues to heat up between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, many voters are disgusted by either choice.For some, ...