Daughter of Marshall recognized
On a crusade to beat cancer
Remembering the Odd legacy
Hitting the target
Matriarch of the museum: Display honors the memory of Carolin Harris
- Chamber of commerce honors ‘the best’ - 7:59 pm updated: 8:45 pm.
- Roush chasing national title in Las Vegas - 6:21 pm updated: 6:22 pm.
- Fishing fits in with teens - 2:51 pm updated: 3:17 pm.
- For the record - 1:35 pm
- This week in West Virginia history - 11:17 am
- May senior events include celebrating Mother’s Day - 10:49 am
- Mason County Memories: Jenkins’ Raid across the Ohio Valley - 10:42 am
- Chamber welcomes WVU President Gee - 9:51 pm
- Blackshire named ‘Teacher of the year’ - 3:43 pm
- NHS and Rho Kappa host spring tapping ceremonies - 9:44 pm
- Ballots in Mason, Hartford, Leon elections shape up - 7:29 pm
- Unemployment declines in Mason County - 8:14 pm
- Local admitted into U.S. Naval Academy - 7:47 pm
- Public hearing on raising water rates - 9:18 pm
- Possible ‘bad batch’ of heroin, sends EMS scrambling - 8:53 pm updated: 9:21 pm.
- Making a splash at Krodel: Fundraising efforts pick up steam for spray park - 9:21 pm
- For the record - 8:39 pm
- Parade and benefit planned for Keefer, this Sunday, April 23 - 8:11 pm updated: 8:13 pm.
- Drug Take Back Day to return - 7:27 pm
- Railroad museum digging in the past for the future - 6:51 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 2:44 pm
- Mason County Memories: The ‘Barn Church’ of Broad Run - 2:21 pm
- A makeover on Main Street - 9:28 pm
- Vandals slow work at park in Mason - 8:45 pm
- Local family travels to White House for Egg Roll - 8:23 pm
NHS and Rho Kappa host spring tapping ceremonies
MASON — Several Wahama High School students were inducted as members Wednesday, when both the National Honor Society and Rho Kappa National Soci...
Ballots in Mason, Hartford, Leon elections shape up
MASON COUNTY — Write-in candidates have joined the slate of potential office holders in both the Mason and Hartford elections, set for June 13.T...
Unemployment declines in Mason County
POINT PLEASANT — Unemployment in Mason County continues to decline, according to the latest statistics.The most recent county numbers are for Ma...
Local admitted into U.S. Naval Academy
WASHINGTON – U.S. Representative Evan Jenkins (R-W.Va.) announced this week that Hunter White of Point Pleasant has been admitted to the U.S. Na...
Public hearing on raising water rates
NEW HAVEN — A public hearing for the purpose of raising water rates in the Town of New Haven will be held on Monday.The hearing will begin at 6 ...
Possible ‘bad batch’ of heroin, sends EMS scrambling
POINT PLEASANT — This past Friday night, people in Mason County were bracing for what felt like a possible overdose epidemic within a matter of ...
Marauders blank Wellston, 4-0
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — A pitching gem and defense to match.Thanks in large part to zero errors and a complete game shut out thrown by senior Luke M...
Blue Angels sweep Portsmouth
CENTENARY, Ohio — The Blue Angels, basically, ended this one early.That’s because Gallia Academy, in scoring the game’s opening nine...
Lady Marauders mercy rule Wellston, 14-4
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — A big night at the plate and a big lead in the league standings.The Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division leading Meigs softba...
Trojans upset Blue Devils in OVC
CENTENARY, Ohio — Simply put, Portsmouth put the Blue Devils’ victory party on hold.That’s because the visiting Trojans, by scoring ...
Lady Knights top Ripley, 10-4
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — A fitting end to the regular season.The Point Pleasant softball team secured its fourth consecutive 20-win season on Fri...
Mason County Democratic Women meet
The Mason County Democratic Women’s Organization met on April 6, at the Mason County Library at 6:30 p.m.Attendees: Mercedes Sayre Linda Brewer,...
Recipes and remembrances
Friends are coming, well maybe not; I better be prepared either way. Sometimes they bring the food, but I don’t know about today. I will be very...
Avalanche CEOS club meets
The Avalanche CEOS club held its regular monthly meeting on April 20, at the Country Corner Cafe in Letart.The meeting was called to order by Presiden...
County CEOS clubs meet
The Mason County Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) met at the Courthouse Annex on March 14, with the Avalanche Club serving lunch. The roo...
Plans for Handmade Holiday Treasure show
The Handmade Holiday Treasure Committee recently met to make plans for the 2017 craft show.On Nov. 4, the craft show will be moving back to the Nation...
You’ve got a friend
Have you ever tried to learn something new and just couldn’t seem to be able to do it? No matter how hard you listened, watched, or tried, you j...
You are loved
I can say for certain today, “I am loved.”I hope you feel the same. Maybe you don’t. But nonetheless, you are loved. The Bible says ...
Light at the end of the tunnel
One day several years ago, my family and I spent an afternoon at a park that had, along with its wooded walking trails and sandy softball fields, a co...
Earth dances like nobody’s looking, but I am
I never could do a jig to the choreographed exercises like Zumba, but I can tap dance across a meadow, feeling as coordinated as a bird prancing on a ...
Broadband high-speed internet access is widely recognized as an essential service in today’s society. Yet, a significant gap – often refer...
Last summer, after reading about the vanished Vinton County community of Moonville and the railroad tunnel that serves as the lone reminder that a lit...