Finding the skills set
Early voting begins Oct. 26; Register taking candidate submissions
Halloween haunts across Mason County: Updated listing of events, trick-or-treat times
Roush takes Miss West Virginia USA title
Thousands celebrate life ‘down on the farm’
- Jenkins returns to talk economic development, energy - 9:12 pm
- Learning the 4-H way - 7:38 pm
- News from around the Buckeye State - 6:05 pm
- For the record - 11:37 pm updated: 11:37 pm.
- ‘Colonial Days’ returns - 4:49 pm
- Sample ballot ready for review by voters - 4:15 pm
- OVP’s Halloween Costume Contest underway - 3:28 pm
- Annual M&G charity golf tourney raises over $10k - 2:48 pm
- A taste of literature - 6:57 pm
- Gallipolis in Lights - 6:33 pm
- Local farm earns high praise, award - 6:04 pm
- Concussion awareness event to be held Sunday - 4:46 pm
- Holzer recognizes pediatric fund sponsors - 3:17 pm updated: 3:19 pm.
- Ohio ReUse competition registration underway - 1:16 pm
- Reports of ‘creepy clown’ sightings reach Mason Co. - 6:33 pm
- Candidates hone final arguments for Round 3 - 5:27 pm
- Ariel to host “Oboes on the Ohio” - 4:54 pm
- CEOS ‘Harvest of Quilts’ winners announced - 4:43 pm
- New Haven still grappling with water project - 4:03 pm
- Chamber directors endorse EMS levy - 7:12 pm
- View Story - 6:23 pm
- Brewery gives visitors Craft Beer Experience - 5:37 pm
- Presidential election news highlights - 4:52 pm
- DOH denies commission’s request - 5:35 pm
- Purse thief sentenced to 6 months in prison - 5:30 pm
Gallipolis in Lights
GALLIPOLIS — Local volunteers gathered at the Colony Club on Second Avenue Wednesday night to string light balls together as Gallipolis in Light...
Local farm earns high praise, award
SOUTHSIDE — Yauger Family Farm, a crop and cattle operation in Mason County, took second place in the 2016 West Virginia Conservation Farm of th...
Concussion awareness event to be held Sunday
ROCKSPRINGS — October 18, 1996 was a Friday night like any other Friday in Southeastern Ohio. The Meigs Marauders and the Waverly Tigers were ba...
Holzer recognizes pediatric fund sponsors
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported enthusiastically by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existen...
Ohio ReUse competition registration underway
OHIO VALLEY — Reuse Industries is pleased to announce the third annual Appalachian Ohio ReUse Competition. Open to youth and adult residents of ...
Reports of ‘creepy clown’ sightings reach Mason Co.
MASON COUNTY — The national trend of creepy clown sightings has made its way to Mason County.These local clown sightings were first reported by ...
Miller marches past White Falcons, 40-0
HEMLOCK, Ohio — There’s a first time for everything.The Miller football team earned its first-ever victory over Tri-Valley Conference Hock...
Buckeyes fall at Penn State, 24-21
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It ended in a hurry.What once looked like it would be a comfortable victory quickly turned into a stunning 24-21 loss for O...
Herd stumbles against Charlotte, 27-24
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Marshall had plenty of chances to strike it rich Saturday night against visiting Charlotte.Now, the Green and White will be ...
Hunting safety and other outdoor news
Along with (finally) cooler weather, the whitetail deer rutting season is coming in, and more and more hunters are heading afield, some for the first ...
Week 9 Football Box Scores
Southern 52, South Gallia 14SG 8-0-0-6 — 14S 12-20-14-6 — 52Scoring SummaryFirst QuarterS: Crenson Rogers 35 pass from Blake Johnson (kick...
DeWine, Morrisey to attend substance abuse conference
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear a...
Community Fun Day scenes
The Point Pleasant Fire Department hosted Community Fun Day this Saturday, giving everyone of every size an opportunity to check out a fire truck.Part...
Local GOP headquarters open
Mason County Republicans have opened their election headquarters at 314 Main Street in downtown Point Pleasant. Residents may stop in to pick up vario...
Fruth honored with voter award
Bonnie J. Fruth, pictured at right, was recently presented with the West Virginia Voter Hall of Fame Award by Secretary of State Natalie Tennant, also...
Honoring the fallen at Battle Days
The Point Pleasant Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution assist in organizing the memorial each year.Part of the memorial ceremony is the pre...
Letter to the editor: Residents need assurances from EMS, commission
Editor’s note: This letter to the editor exceeds the standard 300-word limit, but given the topic and its impact on Mason County, we are publish...
Effort to prevent campus sexual violence reaches one-year mark
One year ago, Ohio’s colleges and universities came together to collectively address an issue that called for great attention and great change. ...
A Holistic Approach to Spiritual Health
Holistic medicine is all the rage in certain circles: the theory that you need to treat the whole of a person, and not just the individual parts. Ther...
Cruciform should be the norm
A term significant for the Christian church is “cruciform.” It is an adjective meaning “cross-shaped.” Although not a Bible wo...
A Hunger for More
Forgiveness may be at once both the most necessary of responses to the grace that God has bestowed upon us and the most misunderstood (and, consequent...
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
In Luke 18: 9-14, Jesus tells the people a story about a man who thought he was better than everyone else. Both men went to the temple to pray. One of...