Trail ride has raised more than $250k for St. Jude
Celebrating FFA Week
Spreading (and delivering) the love
Tourism calendar released
Hurt pleads guilty in dismemberment case
- Success with S.T.E.M. - 9:05 pm
- Lenten Luncheon Series set in the Bend Area - 7:53 pm
- Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge - 10:24 pm
- Chamber to welcome Gee - 10:22 pm updated: 10:29 pm.
- Community Foundation announces scholarships available - 10:32 pm
- Remembering the sacrifices - 10:16 pm
- Sergent named finalist for ‘Best Columnist’ in AP Contest - 10:13 pm
- New Haven Council talks building permits - 8:57 pm
- Trail ride has raised more than $250k for St. Jude - 5:13 pm
- Unemployment rate declines in Mason County - 10:09 pm
- House of Delegates passes first bills of session - 9:42 pm
- A parade of Biblical proportions - 9:34 pm
- Gone but not forgotten - 7:48 pm
- This week in West Virginia History - 5:52 pm
- View Story - 5:23 pm
- Racine teen reported missing - 2:47 pm
- Mason approves PD ‘ride along’ candidate - 8:32 pm
- The voices - 8:21 pm
- A look at the upcoming Leon election - 8:06 pm
- ‘March for Meals’ event to fund nutrition program - 8:01 pm
- Anytime Shine car wash celebrates ribbon cutting - 5:46 pm
- Grant provides exercise equipment for Harmon Park - 8:26 pm
- Acts of kindness - 7:58 pm
- PVH obtains accreditation from Joint Commission - 7:21 pm
- ‘Bikes and BBQ’ event a first for Point - 9:59 pm
Unemployment rate declines in Mason County
POINT PLEASANT — Unemployment in Mason County was down slightly, according to the latest statistics.The most recent county numbers are for Decem...
House of Delegates passes first bills of session
CHARLESTON — The House of Delegates passed its first bills of the 2017 session this past week, with lawmakers focusing efforts on boosting gover...
Gone but not forgotten
WEST COLUMBIA, W.Va. — William Faulker once wrote, “The past is never dead. It’s not even past.” For Lakin Hospital and the fo...
This week in West Virginia History
CHARLESTON — The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at ...
Eds: APNewsNow.CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Gov. Jim Justice plans to visit a highway project in Raleigh County on Sunday, calling it the first stop...
Hill represents RedStorm on all-RSC team
FLORENCE, Ky. — University of Rio Grande junior guard Will Hill was among those named first-team selections to the all-River States Conference M...
Rio’s Marcum, Barnes named to all-RSC team
FLORENCE, Ky. — University of Rio Grande senior Brooke Marcum earned first-team honors, while senior Sharday Baines grabbed second-team kudos on...
Lincoln County rolls Big Blacks
HAMLIN, W. Va. — A two-point third quarter was the downfall for Point Pleasant on Tuesday night, as the visiting Big Blacks lost at Lincoln Coun...
Tornadoes clip Trimble, 58-56
GLOUSTER, Ohio — On a warm night, the Tornadoes were simply on fire from inside the arc.Visiting Southern shot a sizzling 77-percent from two-po...
Wildcats sweep Wahama, 82-46
MASON, W.Va. — A near-perfect end to an otherwise perfect season.Visiting Waterford shot 53 percent from the field, had nine players reach the s...
Green eliminates Eagles, 59-50
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — Unfortunately for the Eagles, there are four periods in a basketball game.The eighth-seeded Eastern boys basketball team hel...
RCBI teams with W.Va. Guard to expand economic opportunity
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. - The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) has joined forces with the West Virginia Army National Guard on a new initiative to expand adv...
Quilts ‘N Things Guild visits Ronald McDonald House
Members of the Quilts ‘N Things Quilt Guild traveled to Charleston in December to tour the new Ronald McDonald House recently built along the El...
Pleasant CEOS Club news
The Pleasant CEOS Club met at the court house annex on Feb. Frankie Bumgarner and Linda Craig served lunch.Clinedda Austin, president, presented Janua...
Recipes and remembrances
Food was everywhere.“Here, you can take this, and be careful,” Mom told Dad as she handed him the Lemon Cheese Cake. “Set it on thos...
URG honor roll released
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College announces the students who have been recognized for the fall 2016 dea...
Strong to lead Peoples Bank Dealer Financial Services
MARIETTA, OHIO — Peoples Bank had announced the addition of Gregg A. Strong as senior vice president, Dealer Financial Services.In his new role,...
Good vibes only, please
When it comes to positive energy, are you a giver or a taker?Everywhere we go, our energy either adds to, or detracts from, those around us. I’m...
Don’t throw out the baby…you know
It’s that time of the year again when the news is full of stories on local and state budgets for the new year, how they must be balanced before ...
Don’t put off doing the right thing
When is the time to make the change you know you need to make?That is, if you have identified a problem, understand the solution, and have the ability...
Love your enemies?Matthew 5: 43-44
Jesus said in Matthew 5: 43-44 this: “You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies...
‘I am the vine; you are the branches’
Among Christians, there is often a lot of dialog regarding God’s gifts to us. His spiritual gifts to us are those things of course that produce ...
Will you stay married to me?
In recent years, Terry has suggested several times that we do a little ceremony to renew our wedding vows. Married couples sometimes do that. It is a ...